Sunday, November 7, 2010

Porsche Producing $650K Spyder 918 Hybrid

spyder-918-1.jpg

So Porsche has decided to go forward and produce the Spyder 918 hybrid, which, up until now, was strictly conceptual. Did I mention it'll cost around $650,000? Because it will. Yeah, I just pre-ordered two. Didn't I, Hot Wheels? High rolla, HIGH ROLLA!

A 3.4-liter V8 petrol burner is combined with electric motors to put out 500bhp, while featuring the mind-altering acceleration to go from a standing start to 62mph in just 3.2 seconds. Topping out at 198mph and offering a very respectable 78mpg fuel economy...

The cost? That hasn't been officially announced yet, but estimates peg it around the $650,000 mark. Don't worry, though -- it'll be eligible for the $7,500 federal tax credit.

Well thank God for the federal tax credit. I know that's what I'm concerned about when I'm wiping my ass with diamond-studded toilet paper. Did I mention my commode is solid gold? Which -- you know how they say you can't polish a turd? They've never seen one sparkling at the bottom of my bowl.

Hit the jump for a couple more shots of the "yes, yes I would have sex with that car."

spyder-918-2.jpg

spyder-918-3.jpg

Porsche 918 Spyder concept is the most beautiful hybrid we've ever seen [engadget]

No comments:

Post a Comment